Ag Teacher Updates/ Information 10/13/2020
Make sure your family is in the know. Sign up for remind (codes on our Home Page) and utilize the
chapter’s website. Go to www.boydisd.net – click High School – click organizations – click FFA.
Required Actions for FFA Members:
- If you owe for $50 barn deposit (swine exhibitors) please take care of that balance ASAP (Checks to Boyd FFA).
- ALL - READ, SIGN and RETURN the Show Family Agreement and Communication Agreement with Mr. Rawlings
- All animal exhibitors must have taken “Quality Counts”. Instructions and the link for the test is on our website. If the test was taken last year and the student has not moved up to higher grade level campus – not likely they will need to recertify. If in doubt – read the age requirements on their website.
- Dues must be paid by the October meeting to avoid the $5 late fee.
- ORDERED SWINE – MAKE CHECKS TO SPECIFIC BREEDERS – see Ms. Sanders. 10/22 arrival - meeting at 4:30pm at the barn.
- BABA Concessions 10/16, 10/23 & 11/6.... contact to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tentative Show Schedule: POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE!!
- Swine Show Schedule – Boyd FFA Project Show Dec. 14th
- Meat Order Fundraiser is available – form are due back by Oct 22nd
Validations – Animal, Student and Parent must be present to complete the process!!
- State Sheep/Goat (Boer Goats Only) Validation October 20th @ Fairgrounds from 4 to 6pm.
- State Spring Heifer Validation October 27th @ Fairgrounds from 4 to 6pm. Rawlings must have emailed to him a scanned copy or JPEG copy of the heifer’s original papers.
- Swine Validation Nov 20thM. @ our barn
November 14th - Chico Buckle @ Decatur - 1st Ag Teacher sponsored show for Cattle, Lambs and Goats! Goat Clipping Nov. 11th immediately after school. Clipping for cattle and/ or lambs must be scheduled prior to Nov. 6th.
2020-2021 Show Animal Remind 101 Groups for information throughout the year.
Text the Code to 81010 Cattle- @fb48b8 Swine- @e9e43e Goats- @e7hgee